Murder on Tyneside

Read Freely has dedicated a page to Murder on Tyneside.

Friday 1 April 2011

Bit of a Moan!

Went out for coffee this morning before doing a bit of shopping.  Not the wonderful kind of shopping, where you wander around the lovely fashion shops, perfume shops, or shoe shops. No this was food shopping.  You see, food shopping and I don't really get on!  I don't think we ever did.  I usually order my groceries on line and then just go out for the odd things during the following weeks.  This way someone else has the irksome task of going around the store and dropping the things I want in the trolley.

But it's not just the shopping for food - that might be okay if that was all there was to it.  However, it's not.  You have to put it away in the cupboard or fridge.  And then you need to think about what you are going to do with it - ie clean it, chop it, prepare it, cook it, clear up after it.  By which time most of the afternoon has gone.  It all seems to be such a waste of time.  Perhaps now is a good time to mention that I HATE all those cookery programmes on the TV.  Where do they all come from?  How many people are really interested in them?  And how many watch, simply because there isn't anything else on the television at the time?  That's another thing, where have all the lovely programmes gone??

I have just sent a message to my MP about the NHS reforms or whatever it is David Cameron & Nick Clegg are calling it.  The last time we had such reforms was during Margaret Thatcher's time and look where that got us!  Bought in services, such as cleaners.  That was the worst thing that could have happened.  But it is best I don't rant on about that.  Best leave it while I'm ahead!

Have a nice day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment