Murder on Tyneside

Read Freely has dedicated a page to Murder on Tyneside.

Saturday 9 April 2011

The Great Debate

The coffee morning and AGM at our social club went well.  As it was the AGM it was very busy and I think my friends and I thought we had drawn the short straw being on duty to serve coffee and tea today.  Nevertheless, everyone was in good spirits because the weather was very good and no one minded hanging on for a minute or two for the coffee to come through the machine.  Some people even came back for more, which shows that we must have done something right.  A gold star is in order, I think!

The AGM seemed to pass swiftly.  Everyone was in favour of everything, so the meeting went over without any problems.

I spent the afternoon trying to lose a few hundred words from a short story I had written.  Doing this seems to sharpen the story.  Hopefully someone will like it enough to buy it for publication in a magazine, but I am not going to take bets on it.  Fiction editors are a breed unto themselves.  Oops! should I have said that?

I also spent some time ironing, while watching a couple of episodes of The West Wing with a G&T.  If you have been following my blog, you will recall that I LOVE The West Wing.  It is sharp and witty, it keeps you on your toes.  Or the iron running smoothly in my case.  The G&T is good, too!

Now I must sort something for the tea.  This is one part of the day I detest.

Hope your day has been good,

Cheers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment