Murder on Tyneside

Read Freely has dedicated a page to Murder on Tyneside.

Saturday 23 April 2011

Empty Bottles!

Even empty bottles can cause some embarrassment!

Today i went to the bottle bank.  I usually try to go when I think no one is around, as I hate folks to see how many empty wine bottles I have!  However, it usually doesn't work out like that and today was no exception.  Yes, you've guessed it, I saw someone I knew.  Though he was also there to do his bit for the environment, he was recycling something much more respectable.  He had brought garden waste.  Anyway, having made the effort to go, I wasn't going to be put off, so I heaved the enormous bag of bottles out of the boot, but it was so full, several spilled out and rolled around inside the boot.  The embarrassing thing was, the chap came across to help scoop up the empty bottle of Brown Ale that was lurking behind my husband's wheelchair at the back of the car.   Ah well, you can't win them all!  And you have to admit that there are still some men out there willing to help a lady in distress.  Yes, I still consider myself a lady!

I would just like to add here, the empty bottle of Newcastle Brown Ale that was causing the problem, was one of the few bottles in the bag that wasn't mine!!  My taste is more civilised!

Next time, I'll go there at midnight! 

I hope your bottles are fewer and better behaved in public.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment