Murder on Tyneside

Read Freely has dedicated a page to Murder on Tyneside.

Monday 11 April 2011

A Good Day!

I had a very good day yesterday.  During the morning, we went to The Barn at Beal for coffee.  This is a delightful place not far from the causeway leading to Holy Island on the Northumberland coast.  On a good day you can almost see forever and yesterday was a really very good day.  Later I finished editing the short story for a magazine and posted it off this morning.  Hopefully, the editor will love it, however on the other hand, she may not, in which case it will come winging back.  But I am going to look on the bright side, because I gave the whole thing a rub with the Orange four leaf clover I won on my mobile phone. With such magic behind it, how can it fail to please her?

This morning it is raining.  What a disappointment after the lovely, warm, sunny weekend.  But it was only to be expected, such lovely weather doesn't seem to last in this country.  Nevertheless, it is a great place to live or it would be if folks stopped interfering and allowed people to live and let live!

I should be at bowls this afternoon, but I'm not sure whether I want to go.  The bowls take on a mind of their own, when I send them down the green carpet.  I can almost hear them giggling when they leave my hand as though they are wondering how to upset me next.  Then they leap into a sort of humpty dumpty mode and either end up off the end of the carpet or give up on the way down to the jack and come to a sudden halt.  Is it worth me even trying, I ask myself every Monday.

If I stay home, I'll carry on with Divorcees.com.  Not that I know where I am with that; I seem to have been away from it for a while now.  With a bit of luck, the girls will have carried on without me and Iwill find myself on a whole new chapter.  I'm not sure this is how it is supposed to work, but I won't knock it.

If you would like to read any of my published short stories, you will find a selection on my website http://www.eileenthornton.co.uk/

Hope your day is good.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment