Murder on Tyneside

Read Freely has dedicated a page to Murder on Tyneside.

Sunday 15 May 2011

Sunday Lunch and all that!

Today we went for lunch with the local MS group.  It was held in a rather nice hotel in Berwick on Tweed.  It was good to meet up with a some friends who we only see very occasionally.  Everyone had a good natter.  Actually, this will be no surprise to those that know me, as they will recall that I can talk alot, but I must have been going some, because I feel a little hoarse at the moment.  The food was good, too and I think everyone enjoyed the day.  It was also the AGM, so we have a new committee in place.  Well, some are new, others are people who have bee doing the job for many years.  It's a big thank you to them, because without them the branch wouldn't function.

Now we are home and relaxing our tummies - and my throat!  I have decided that it needed lubricating, so I poured myself a glass of wine.  I had intended to catch up with my divorcees when I got home, but in the end I thought I had better try to get on with a book I am reviewing.  I found it a little slow at first, but now that I have got into the swing of what is actually going on, I am beginning to enjoy it.

The Melrose Book Festival begins on June 16th and goes on for about four days.  On Sunday 19th June at 1045AM, the Borders Writer's Forum are talking about their latest anthology.  It is called Border Voices on Border Ruins and contains Fiction, non-fiction and poetry.  Some of the writers of the antho will be reading out part of their contribution.  Though, I have a non-fiction piece in the publication, I won't be reading, but I shall be there in the audience.  There are still places available if anyone would like to go along.  The anthology is available on Amazon.

Have a great day!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment