Murder on Tyneside

Read Freely has dedicated a page to Murder on Tyneside.

Saturday 26 March 2011

Got it Together!

Those of you, who have been following the drama of our garden swing, will be relieved to learn that it is now up and running - well, at least swinging.  You can all now breathe a sigh of relief, as we finally put it together yesterday morning.  By we, I mean my husband and I.  Friends had offered to come and give us a hand, but we decided to have a go at it first.

We had one or two set backs, when we, by that I mean my husband, didn't check the instructions. Does this sound familiar?  In fairness, I have to say that the instructions were a tad sparse in places.  There were times when the information could have been a little more forthcoming.  Nevertheless, I'm sure you are delighted at the news that the whole thing is now in working order and I won't be woken in the night with the thing screaming to be let out of the box in the garage.

Went to a book fest at Latimers, Kelso bookshop this morning.  The whole thing was to promote an anthology called Border Voices on Border Ruins, which had been produced by the Borders Writers Forum.  The theme of the Antho is Ruins and my contribution is a non-fiction piece about the history of The Border Abbeys. (Scottish Borders)  The anthology is available to order from bookshops or Amazon.co.uk.  Several people from the Forum were there to read their work to the public.  The other work in the anthology includes Poetry and short fiction.

I will get back to my novel, Divorcees.com this afternoon and see what the characters have been up to while I was helping to put up the swing yesterday.  I didn't look at it yesterday, as after the swing was finished, I sat and watched a couple of episodes of The West Wing to relax!

I don't know whether you ever watched The West Wing when it was on TV, but it is a really great series.  I bought the full series on DVD and I would watch it all day, if I could.  The characters are wonderful and I love the banter that goes on between them.  I'm telling you, if I had to choose what to take with me on a desert island, it would be The West Wing.  I really wish it had continued for another series when President Bartlet (Martin Sheen) ends his eight year term at the White House and President Santos (Jimmy Smits) takes over.

Keep smiling and please keep dropping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment