Murder on Tyneside

Read Freely has dedicated a page to Murder on Tyneside.

Thursday 24 March 2011

This and That

Hair cut day was fun. Wine flowed, conversation was brilliant and yes, in the middle of all that, my husband did get his hair cut.  However, the next time, I think my friend will have to do the haircut immediately she arrives.  Yesterday, we'd had a couple of drinks before she got around to setting out her hairdressing tools, and my husband felt the scissors snipping a little too close to his ear for comfort!!

Went to Berwick today to meet some friends for a coffee. We met at around 12.30pm at the Garden Centre and had a very pleasant couple of hours chatting about this and that. In short, we put the world right or at least the world as we know it.  Well we had a good stab at it anyway!  If only the powers that be would listen!

In our post today, there was a letter addressed to me personally, not Mr & Mrs Thornton, just Mrs Eileen Thornton.  The sender was advertising a retirement home in the town centre.  I have to say that I have had several such letters from this company over the last year or so.  I am curious as to where they got my name and address.  Their source obviously doesn't know that my husband and I are living together quite happily and I am not considering a retirement home on my own.  Perhaps I should inform them of this, on the other hand, it does mean that once in a while a letter will drop through my letterbox.  Though it wasn't handwritten with a stamp on the envelope showing the Queen's head. Instead it was a flyer in an envelope with a big black 1 on the front.

I had a message on my mobile recently saying 'Congratulations I had won a bright top up prize' and that it would be sent to me very shortly.  Well, it has arrived - I have won an orange four leaf clover.  I'm not really sure what I am supposed to do with it, but I will keep it safe, as it might bring me luck over the next year.  I'm not Irish, but I do have an Irish name.

Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment