Murder on Tyneside

Read Freely has dedicated a page to Murder on Tyneside.

Saturday 26 January 2013

The sun is Shining Today.

Wow! Beautiful blue skies this morning. I thought I was seeing things as we have had snow off and on (mostly on) for the past week.  I am wondering whether my friend and I might get to Newcastle next week after all.

But then I mustn't get too optimistic. The British weather has a way of fooling you. Just when you think it is safe to go out. down comes the rain (or the snow.)  However, when you are so looking forward to something, it is difficult not to get to excited when things seem to be going right.  I have been caught out like that before. I have been all set to do something, go somewhere only to be let down at the last minute.

Still I mustn't grumble too much otherwise the little lines starting to appear on my face, will suddenly take off and there will be no holding them back. There is no way I want them to get a foothold - not on this face.

That's the trouble with a little wrinkle here and there. They don't seem to be content with just having a presence; no, they want to start taking over completely and I am not up for that - not yet, anyway. I'm sure Connie, Sadie, Jenny and Lucy, the four characters in my novel, Divorcees.Biz, would have the remedy for wrinkles. I don't even think a wrinkle would dare to show up on Connie's face. She would shriek that she needed to see the beautician and the little wrinkle would disappear in a flash.

With the weather being the way it is, I haven't been anywhere and I really mean, I haven't been anywhere. So I don't have anything wild and wonderful to blog about.  I could tell you that I have spent the time cleaning around the house. But I haven't, so I can't!

I am going to end by asking all you lovely people who drop by today and Sunday if you would vote for Divorcees.Biz in the Turning the Pages Book of the Year Competition. The competition ends on Sunday, 27th Jan so this is the last chance.

Take care everyone and have a good day!!

Cheers!!.

2 comments:

  1. I hate January. Such a dreary month. And hen we get snow it's even worse. Can't organise to go anywhere as it usually gets cancelled because of the weather. We really would be better hibernating.

    Fingers crossed thaw is on the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea. Even if it is only for the month of January.
    Cheers!!

    ReplyDelete