Murder on Tyneside

Read Freely has dedicated a page to Murder on Tyneside.

Thursday 10 January 2013

The Next Big Thing - Blog Hop!! (Updated)

The Next Big Thing Blog Hop!

When Oliver Eade, author of numerous children's books and now author of the excellent adult novel, A Single Petal, asked me if I would like to participate in this new idea blog hopping, I jumped at the chance.
http://www.olivereade.blogspot.com
http://www.olivereade.co.uk

However, now that I have actually sat down to answer the questions, I am scratching my head.  My new novel, Divorcees.Biz was only published at the end of November 2012. Therefore I am still wondering about my next novel. Nevertheless, I will have a go and see what I come up with.


What is the working title of your next book?

I Haven't a Clue!


Where did the idea for the book come from?

I only just this minute thought of it. 'When I wrote "I Haven't a Clue!' for the working title, I meant it, I really hadn't a clue. But now, seeing the words written down it sounds rather a cute title, so I think I'll go with it and see where it leads me. But then, that's how I write. I make things up as I go along. I never plan anything. I am useless at writing notes. So how could I possibly think of a plan?


What Genre does your book fall under?

Chic-lit/Women's Interest.  I had so much fun writing my last novel, Divorcees.Biz, I think I will stick with that genre for the time being.


What actors would you choose to play the part of your characters in a movie rendition?

Until I start working on the characters, I'm afraid I will have to pass on that one - except to say that George Clooney and Hugh Grant and Ewan McGregor, would have to figure in there somewhere.


What is the one sentence synopsis of your book?

A group of women who see themselves as Private Investigators. 


Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?

I will probably ask my last publisher, Salgad Publishing, if they would be interested in taking it on. Who knows? They might even enjoy it and say yes.  Now that would be wonderful. But if they don't, then I shall take it from there.


How long did it take you to write the first draft of the manuscript?

As I haven't started yet, there is no real answer to that question. However, I do hope to have the first draft ready in around five months.


What other books would you compare this to within your genre?

Another difficult question. Under the circumstances I can only come up with, something on the lines of Perfect Alibis by Jane Wenham-Jones, with an added touch of Sherlock Holmes :)


Who or what inspired you to write this book?

That's easy - you did!  You can take the credit because I think I would have given myself another three or four weeks before deciding what I was going to write about next. But answering these questions has spurred me into action; given me that all-important opportunity to think ahead. Thank you for that.


What else about the book might pique the reader's interest?.


Perhaps the fact that they inspired my future novel "I Haven't a Clue", will make them want to read it. Even if it is only to see how their inspiration has developed - or not. But we won't go down that road.


Now it is only left for me to tig the following excellent writers.  



Lorna Read is author of soon-to-be-published teen romance Perfect Lives (Hachette) and is currently working on a book about her spooky experiences.
















No comments:

Post a Comment