Murder on Tyneside

Read Freely has dedicated a page to Murder on Tyneside.

Thursday 24 November 2011

Shopping Again

I met my sister and my cousin in Newcastle yesterday. We had coffee and chatted before going our separate ways. My sister took the bus home, while my cousin went off to meet another friend who she hadn't seen for a long time. At least I think that is where she was going. I tend to lose the thread when we all have so much to say!

As for me, I went shopping! Newcastle is wonderful at any time of the year, but at Christmas, when all the shops are decorated and the Eldon Square has coloured lights everywhere you look, it is a sight to behold. I should also mention Fenwick's shop windows - they are so beautifully adorned with moving elves and other characters from Fairy Stories. And somewhere above your head, there is a speaker blasting out Christmassy songs. Every year they have a different theme. This has been going on for as long as I can remember. Someone must start planning this at Easter!!

Anyway, after taking all this in, I went off and did a little more Christmas shopping. And I rounded off the day with a glass of chilled white wine in Marks and Spencers. They have a lovely cafe in their Food Hall, where you can sip coffee, tea or wine, while watching the shoppers dashing around the counters looking at all the goodies to eat.

I think I have worn myself out just thinking about yesterday, so I will leave you with this thought - the wine was delicious!!

Have a good day!

Cheers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment