Murder on Tyneside

Read Freely has dedicated a page to Murder on Tyneside.

Sunday 21 August 2011

Quiet Days

Not only was Thursday bits and pieces day, but this time around it was haircut day, too. Haircut day is when my friend comes around to cut my husband's hair and we all have a merry time drinking wine and talking about weird and wonderful things.  Thursday was no exception, though she and her husband couldn't stay too long, as they were preparing for visitors the next day. Nevertheless, it was a good afternoon.

I can't for the life of me remember what I did on Friday, except put a few more words to my novel Divorcees.com. It can't have been a day to make my hair stand on end, otherwise I would have written about it before now. Saturday, well Saturday came and went the same way as Friday, so I guess I really need a bit of excitement at the moment.

Today, I sent three chapters of my Divorcees.com to a friend to read through if she had a minute to spare. She does this sort of thing for an appraisal company, so thought she might tell me if I was wasting my time. I warned her that it was a story about nothing. I mentioned I had reviewed a book, which was all about something and nothing and quite honestly, I enjoyed it immensely.  This set me thinking that I could do that. I could write a book about something and nothing with the best of them, so that was how Divorcees.com got started.

Anyway, back to my friend.  As soon as I pressed the send button, I wondered whether I had done the right thing. What if my friend hated it, what if she thought it was rubbish (she could be right) what if...  But I had sent it now, so that was that. As it turned out, she liked it. She made a few suggestions, which I have taken note of and will  do something about it at a later date. Of course, she might be just being kind, but I'm putting that out of my mind and staying positive.

I have just had a short session on the Wii. Little and often is my motto. After all, I don't want to knock myself out, do I? Nevertheless, I worked off some calories, so that can't be a bad thing.

I am in the process of setting up a page on Facebook for The Trojan Project, when it is re-published in the USA later this year. I really need to get it known out there, so if anyone has any ideas on how to go about it, I would love to hear them.

Meanwhile, I might go and check out what has been going on at The West Wing - that lovely series, which was shown on TV a few years back. I am absolutely crazy about it.

Hope you are having a great weekend

Cheers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment