Murder on Tyneside

Read Freely has dedicated a page to Murder on Tyneside.

Wednesday 26 December 2012

Boxing Day - and Memories

Well it's all over! Christmas Day has been and gone.

All that frantic searching for the right present, all that rushing around posting last minute cards and presents has come to an end for another year. Now we can sit back a wonder whether it was worth all the effort.

Let me tell you it was was! It was worth everything you put into celebrating Christmas - and more!
This is the time of the year when we should be happy to remember our friends from years past.

I sent and receive cards from people I went to school with. I haven't seen them for years, but it is good to think that at this time of the year we can think about each other, even if it is only for one brief moment in time. Last night I received an email from a school friend who now lives in Canada. I doubt I have seen him since the day I left school, yet we still send each other the occasional message.

It is good to have happy memories and I must admit, I do have some really happy memories of growing up. I had the most wonderful parents and still have a lovely sister. But I also had some really good friends, both at school and at work and I like to reflect on these friends even if it it is only for one moment in time.

I do hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and I wish you all a very Happy and Prosperous New Year.

Cheers!!

PS Okay, I wasn't going to mention my novel Divorcees.Biz today, I had planned on giving you all a rest. But what the heck, I can't resist it! Besides, someone has to let you know it is out there. :-)

Divorcees.Biz available on Kindle from Amazon, so if you have received a brand new kindle for Christmas and are looking for a lighthearted fun read, then head over to Amazon right now.  (Paperback is due out in the New Year.)

Then stop off at Turning the Pages Book of the Year Competition and give Divorcees.Biz your vote!

Bye for Now!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment