Murder on Tyneside

Read Freely has dedicated a page to Murder on Tyneside.

Monday 17 December 2012

Almost Christmas

It is almost Christmas.....  But not quite. There are still a few days left for me to go rushing around the shops for those last minute presents I forgot to buy.

I thought I was organised this year. I had written out all my cards by the end of November and posted them early in December. Presents were bought and wrapped so I really thought everything was done and dusted. Yet for some reason, I am still rushing around posting off cards and thinking of something to buy for the one or two people I forgot.

Why am I so surprised? It happens every year. I suppose I am too old to change now. I should have learned the lesson of organisation several years ago. But on the other hand, do I really want to be that totally organised?

Thinking about it now, no I do not. I believe it must be so boring to have everything under control and not have even a little bit of chaos in your life. I don't want to be so organised that I miss all the fun of Christmas. I like being the way I am. I enjoy the last minute dash out to the shops. Everyone looks happy as they joggle their way through the crowds. Okay, perhaps not everyone, there are a few Bah Humbugs out there, but I can put up with those.

At the weekend we went down to my sister's in Newcastle to exchange presents. My niece and her husband were there, too, so it was a lovely afternoon. It had been a while since I had seen my niece, so we had lots to talk about. She and her husband were both looking so well and happy.....  Ah what it is to be young!

Yesterday we went to our village club as a local brass band where there to play festive music. Afterwards there was mince pies and mulled wine. The place was packed and we all enjoyed the afternoon.

I think that is all for the moment, except to say, a big thank you to all those who have downloaded my novel, Divorcees.Biz. I do hope you enjoyed it and please follow the link, scroll down and vote.  People waiting for the paperback will have to hang on until after Christmas. But it is worth waiting for :-)

 In case I don't get back to my blog I, and my four ladies in the novel, would like to wish you all a very Happy Christmas and all Best Wishes for 2013.

Cheers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment