Murder on Tyneside

Read Freely has dedicated a page to Murder on Tyneside.

Monday 26 March 2012

A Beautiful Wedding

The Bride and Groom
On Saturday we went to Newcastle to see our niece being married. She was a stunning bride. She looked absolutely gorgeous in her dress; it brought tears to my eyes as I watched her walk down the aisle with her father.  You see, I still think of her as the little girl who came to spend all one summer with us when we lived in the south of England.  I guess I always will.

I should add here that the groom was handsome and looked very smart in his black suit. The sun shone down on them making it a really perfect day.  They both looked so happy.

The wedding cake - all four tiers - was heart-shaped. It looked so lovely, it seemed such a shame to cut into it. After a delicious meal, we all danced the night away to a great band. Yes, I was up there on the floor with the rest of them.  Thankfully my poorly leg had healed.

I had a wonderful time, but I was shattered on Sunday morning. We spent the night at the hotel, therefore we didn't need to take the long drive back to Kelso, but I would love to have lain in bed just a little longer. We also lost an hour, as the clocks sprung forward on Saturday night.

However, I am fully recovered now and raring to go! I wonder if she would like to have the same thing all over again next week!!

It only remains for to wish the Bride and Groom all very best wishes for their life together.

I hope you had a good weekend

Cheers!!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great time, Eileen..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we did, Pat. Pity how good things have to come to an end.

    ReplyDelete