Murder on Tyneside

Read Freely has dedicated a page to Murder on Tyneside.

Saturday 3 December 2011

The New Laptop

The new laptop is up and running!! However, I should add that everything didn't just fall into place in a few minutes. No! We had a few problems along the way. For a start, when we went to download all the stuff copied from the old laptop, it appeared no less than three times. Yes, for some unspeakable reason, I had three copies of every single thing!! Photos, documents, letters, everything. In the end we decided to delete everything and start all over again the following morning. We even cleared the memory stick or whatever it is you call it, in case it had something in there that might cause it to happen all over again.

However, by the morning,the old laptop had cunningly figured out what was going on and decided it didn't like the idea of having everything removed and placed into the bright new spark that was now sitting on my desk. Therefore, when I switched it on in readiness for the big changeover, the screen remained black. Everything was whirring away inside, so we knew it was loading up okay, it just wouldn't let us see anything.

Anyway, after a great deal of head scratching, my husband dismantled the whole thing and took out the hard disc and placed it in some neat little gadget, which allowed all the stuff to be copied on to his computer so it could be saved on the memory stick and then uploaded onto the new laptop.

Thankfully, all is well now, except for some reason I found I have 2041 email addresses in my contacts. Some people are in there four times. So I guess the old laptop had the last laugh after all. As I had no intention of going through the whole procedure again, I am simply deleting the extra addresses as and when I come to them.

Strictly come dancing is on this evening. I wonder who will be voted off this week. Like everyone else, I will have to wait until Sunday evening to find out, but I hope it isn't one of the better dancers!

I hope you are having a good weekend.

Cheers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment