Murder on Tyneside

Read Freely has dedicated a page to Murder on Tyneside.

Monday 24 August 2020

Quite a Weekend!

 Hello again.

I hope you are all staying safe. We haven't been out much - only when it was absolutely necessary. Last Wednesday, we had to take the car to the garage for its annual service. It's a 50 mile round trip. It seemed such a long time since we had been down that route, I'd almost forgotten the way 😆

Then on Thursday, my husband had an appointment at the podiatrist at the local hospital. He has an ulcer on his foot which is causing him a great deal of pain. Then on Friday, he had appointment at surgery for a B12 injection. Once there, we had to wait in the car until the nurse, all masked up, appeared holding the syringe. 

Saturday was relatively quiet, it was only when the electricity went off for a split second (don't know why) that my laptop took 40 minutes to sort itself out. I sat staring at it as a circle of dots kept going around. I took the opportunity to pour myself a glass of wine and then swung around in my office chair until the laptop finally decided what it wanted to do. I think I will have to get a new laptop. For a start the little thing inside that is supposed to save my work, gave up the ghost a while back. I believe you can get replacements, but just haven't got around to it. 

Then on Sunday, I decided to update my phone online. I didn't want anything special. I don't listen to music, play games or anything else like that. I simply use it for emails, texting and phone calls. Therefore, I thought it would be easy.... how wrong was I? 

I found the phone I wanted, then I added a case before proceeding to the checkout. So far, so good. But then, when everything appeared to have gone through, I saw a message saying 'one more thing', before showing me what appeared to be their full collection of phones and plans. Why would they do that? I had chosen the one I wanted and already gone through the process of adding it to the account I already have with them. The top of the page showed what I had done so far. The only thing left was to press confirm order, but I couldn't,because of all the phones on display. Why does everything have to be so complicated? In the end, I came out of the site, but I still didn't know whether my order had been accepted. When I went back to take another look, my item was still in the basket! I finally decided to ring a number shown on the site and wait in line for my turn. When I got through, it appeared that the order hadn't gone through, so the nice man on the other end ordered it all for me. It is being delivered today!

Hopefully this week will run more smoothly.

Before I go, you might be interested to know that Vengeance on Tyneside is only 99p/99c to download at the moment. 

Vengeance on Tyneside


That's all for the moment except to say - stay safe.

Cheers!


2 comments:

  1. What a few days, indeed, Eileen. Sorry to hear about Phil's ulcer - nasty. Hope you get your phone set up - technology is great when it works! And hope Agnes no 3 goes well. I'm looking forward to listening to it. You do so well to manage to write alongside everything else. Good luck, Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment, Margaret. Take care.

    ReplyDelete