Murder on Tyneside

Read Freely has dedicated a page to Murder on Tyneside.

Wednesday 12 October 2016

Bits and Pieces

I suddenly thought I had better get back to you as it seems a long while since I last posted a blog.

I hope all is going well in your world. As usual, things have been rather quiet here. Still I suppose that is better than being hurtled from pillar to post without time to take a breath... Or is it? When I was younger and out there in the job world, I was always quite busy and I loved every moment. But I suppose age catches up with you at some point and you do need to slow down, even if you don't want to.

We are now into October. It won't be long before Halloween, Guy Fawkes and then Christmas. Last year my husband and I went off to Nidd Hall for Christmas. It was wonderful and I really mean wonderful. The staff were great, the food was never-ending, as was the entertainment. We had booked to go again this Christmas, but as my husband had a stroke during our stay in the summer, I decided to cancel.

Not that the hotel had anything to do with him having a stroke, I hasten to add. It's simply because he was whisked into the local hospital and was there until well after our holiday was due to end, which meant I had to keep moving from one room to another. Fortunately, there was always somewhere for me to spend the night, but I doubt it would be possible to do that at Christmas. They are absolutely fully booked during the holiday season. Therefore we will be spending Christmas at home.

So far, October has been kind to us in the Scottish Borders. It's almost as though summer is reluctant to allow autumn to take over. But I guess now that I have said that, we will have a heavy downpour.

I have finished writing my novel, Murder on Tyneside.  I say finished because I was able to write The End at the bottom of the page a few days ago. Now I am at the stage where I am having to go through the whole thing and pull it together so that it makes sense... well some kind of sense anyway. After that I will read it through again and send it off to a lovely lady who has agreed to cast an eye over it and tell me what I should change before I send it off to my publisher.

I'm not sure the lovely lady knows what she has agreed to; my manuscripts usually need a number of changes. I tend to write the way I think - not always the best way to write a novel. But she is an editor, so maybe she has met other writers like me.

Anyway stay tuned and I'll keep you up to date with how it progresses.

I think that is everything for the moment.

Have a great day wherever you are

Cheers!!
Chink! Chink!


No comments:

Post a Comment