Murder on Tyneside

Read Freely has dedicated a page to Murder on Tyneside.

Friday 14 June 2013

Borders Book Festival 2013





Today I called at the Borders Book Festival to take a photo of my novel Divorcees.Biz which is on sale in the Festival Bookshop. (My publisher suggested it might be a good idea.)  I had thought it might be quiet today as the events were starting late in the afternoon..

However it was not to be, the town was packed and parking in Melrose was horrendous.  I was moved on once by some guy with one of those little bug-like phones glued to his ear. He told me that coaches wouldn't be able to pass my little Ka. I pointed out that there were two enormous rubbish bins in front of me, but he simply shrugged and turned away.

Not wanting to cause a fuss, I went back to my car and drove around the town in the direction of the car park.  However, a large coach was parked across the entrance. Now if that was not causing an obstruction...  Best not go down that road.

Anyway, once I got parked, I walked back down to the Festival grounds. The place was packed with school children. I guess the schools had taken them to see the Marquees with the off chance they might meet someone famous.  But they had to make do with me :-)   I took a couple of photos of the bookshop and my books on the table before coming away.  I hope you like them and will pass the word around that my little novel, Divorcees.Biz is on sale alongside books whose authors are giving talks at the four day festival.

Cheers everyone!!


No comments:

Post a Comment