Murder on Tyneside

Read Freely has dedicated a page to Murder on Tyneside.

Friday 19 May 2017

A Visit to Tyneside!

I have just been on a four day visit to Tyneside. We stayed in the Premier Inn (Millennium Bridge), which is really handy for the quayside and also the shops in the city.

I think you will all have guessed by now that I love going to visit the area where I was born.. I was born in Gateshead, Low Fell, to be exact, however we didn't get as far as that on this visit as we spent a great deal of time on the quayside dreaming up my next novel.

Of course Agnes Lockwood will be one of the main characters again. She seems to have been a hit with the readers of my last novel, Murder on Tyneside - well most of them anyway. I think some thought she was too pushy, but it is fiction, after all. The lady is merely a figment of my imagination and what would have been the point of the story if she had taken a back seat?

Anyway, like I said Agnes will have a starring role once again - as will DCI Alan Johnson.




One thing on the quayside, which I hadn't seen before, was a beach!

Yes there was an area made up of sand with beach huts and deckchairs thrown in for good measure. There is also a small cafe close by where I am sure people can buy tea coffee and ice cream to eat and drink on the beach. There were several people taking advantage of the sunshine as we walked past.

The whole thing is set almost in front of the Law Courts.








The Pitcher and Piano was in full swing and my husband and I enjoyed a glass of wine sitting outside on two of the days we were there.




We also went to the Hancock Museum. Neither of us had been there for many years, so it was interesting to wander around looking at the various changes which had been made over the years.
There is an exhibition of of some interesting artifacts from Hadrian's Wall at the moment, which is why we decided to go there in the first place.

Naturally, I enjoyed a wander through some of the shops in the city centre, where I couldn't resist the urge to by some new shoes and a handbag!  I also managed to see my cousin, who I don't see very often. She was one of my bridesmaids all those years ago... won't say how many 😉

All in all, it was a wonderful trip and I am just sorry it is over, but hopefully we will do it all over again very soon.

I think that is all for the moment. Except to say check out my Website when you have a moment to spare

I hope you all have a wonderful day

Cheers!!

Chink! Chink!


No comments:

Post a Comment