Murder on Tyneside

Read Freely has dedicated a page to Murder on Tyneside.

Thursday 1 October 2015

Stuck in a Rut!

I am stuck in a rut at the moment!I say at the moment, but quite honestly this has been going on for months.
I started writing a new novel about a year ago, but I can’t seem to get on with it. I have absolutely no idea where it is going. To tell you the truth, I am not really sure where it came from… I can’t even say what it is about, because I am still trying to work that out myself. Oh, I had such plans for this novel. It was going to carry on with the same characters as Divorcees.Biz They were going to open a completely new agency, totally different from the dating agency, but that is about as far as I got.
While I was writing Divorcees.Biz the four ladies seemed to take over. The words simply flew out from my fingertips onto the computer. It was almost as though the ladies carried on planning and working even when I had shut down for the night. This time, they are totally silent! Can you believe it! Even Sadie is keeping her mouth closed just when I could do with the help! They have certainly let me down with a large thump.
For some reason all my get-up-and-go has disappeared without trace. My imagination has switched itself off and refuses to turn back on again. What is the matter with me? I need someone to give me a poke, but not too hard  :-)   If anyone has any inspirational words for me, I would be delighted to hear from you.
We have been having some wonderful weather for the last few days, here in the Scottish Borders. I don't know where it has come from, but I do hope they don't want it back too quickly!
Okay, I better go and do some ironing now, which means I will be watching another episode of The West Wing. I haven't mentioned that for a while - I bet you thought I had forgotten about it!
Have a great day wherever you are
Cheers!!  

Chink Chink


2 comments:

  1. I do sympathise, Eileen. I wrote 60,000 words of a book for NaNo last year and haven't touched it since. Nor have I written anything longer than a poem. It's not helped by the fact that I keep taking on paid editing jobs - and that my partner's family keep dropping in unannounced. I think I need to rent a place in the country for three months and really concentrate. Best of luck with your book. Maybe you should shelve the idea of a follow-up for now and do something completely different.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. You are so right, hydra. I need to start a whole new idea. Will get on to that.
      I sympathise with your predicament. A rented place does sound good. Cheers x

      Delete