Murder on Tyneside

Read Freely has dedicated a page to Murder on Tyneside.

Saturday 11 May 2013

Odds and Ends!!

I'm afraid I haven't really anything exciting to blog about at the moment. Not that I ever have. But today I can't even drum up a bit of nonsense about my trips to Newcastle, as I haven't been for quite some time. I can't mention anything about the last coffee morning in our village, as we weren't there. Nor were we at the fish & Chips supper and, to top it all off, we won't be at the Race Night,being held this evening.

You might be wondering why our social lives have taken such a sudden decline. Unfortunately my husband has been very poorly for the last couple of months. He has been in so much pain, he has hardly been able to move. Hopefully the Doctors are on to it no, so with a little bit of luck and a fair wind, they should get it sussed and then we can get back to some sort of normality.

I don't know why I said 'and a fair wind', as we have had nothing but strong winds for the last few weeks. For some reason, the wind seems to like it here in the Borders because once it came it decided to set up shop and stay here.

You'll recall I mentioned that I had started a new novel, called 'I IHaven't a Clue'. Well I'm afraid I haven't got very far with it. Only about 6000 words. Which means I am going to have to get my head around it and get back to writing about the four ladies who set up a detective agency.

I seem to have done a great deal of reading lately and have just finished a book called The Final Winter by Iain Rob Wright.  I really enjoyed it and it kept me glued to my chair, which is probably why I haven't been writing!

Well I won't keep you any longer except to remind you that The People's Book Prize competition will be closing 20th May. Therefore if you would like to vote for Divorcees.Biz, then please head over to the website now. The link is above...  Oh what the heck! Here it is again  The People's Book Prize  A big thank you to everyone who has already shown their support by voting.

Have a great day wherever you are.

Cheers!!
PS  I have just watched this and I simply had to share it with you. Follow this link and enjoy! It is so cute. But vote first!!  :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment