Murder on Tyneside

Read Freely has dedicated a page to Murder on Tyneside.

Saturday 7 January 2012

New Year

First of all I would like to wish you all a Very Happy New Year! All the best for 2012.

I should have said all that a week ago, but I don't seem to have got my head around it being a brand New Year already. It's not as though I have been swamped with invitations to parties or been rushing here there and everywhere to make sure I haven't missed anyone out. Quite the opposite. In fact, we had both a quiet Christmas and New Year. So I have no excuses at all.

Anyway, I am here now, though unfortunately, I still don't have anything to tell you. Life this week has been the same as ever. Quiet, quiet and more quiet. Apart from the gales! They were dreadful. There were times when I felt that our roof was going to sail off somewhere into the great beyond. But we are still intact, so that is a blessing.

We have booked up a couple of holiday breaks. Both are in this country, as we are not really keen on jetting off anymore. We are going to a couple of tried and trusted hotels, where we can laze around, be fed, watered and entertained. We have been several times before, so we know exactly what to expect.

Something else I must do this year is to lose some weight!  I have shouted this from the rooftops in the past and nothing has happened, so this time I am whispering it. Ssh - I am going on a diet. Don't repeat it in case someone hears and blows the whole thing. This morning there was a recipe booklet in the newspaper. The meals are for dieters, so I am going to check it out. I'm still whispering, as I haven't yet told the rest of my body what is going to happen. This needs to be done gradually, otherwise my whole system will go into defiant mode and drag me around cakes, biscuits, and that wonderful stuff called chocolate.

I think that is all for the moment, best quit while I'm ahead.

Have a great day!

Cheers!!

4 comments:

  1. Losing weight is soooo hard. I have been on a diet since august and have so far lost 3 1/2 stone!! Xmas was a trial mind but I still have a few pounds to go so upward and onward!
    Happy New Year to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is very hard!! Or at least it is now. Whenever I needed to lose weight before, I always seemed to manage it without too many problems. But now, it is a major problem. Perhaps I was more active in the past!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you want a slightly different approach to dieting then get in touch. I can possibly help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year Eileen! And good luck with losing weight.

    ReplyDelete