Murder on Tyneside

Read Freely has dedicated a page to Murder on Tyneside.

Wednesday 31 March 2021

Long Time Since My Last Post - But, I'm Back!

 I am sorry I haven't been back to speak to you, before now. But quite honestly, I haven't had anything of interest to pass on. Every day has been the same in this house for the last year. The only up side is that we have now had our two vaccine jabs. Though here in Scotland, we have not been given anything to prove it - well not so far anyway. 

I do understand that this virus has had the same impact on you, wherever you are. Some of you out there might still be waiting to receive your first injection. If that is the case, I hope you receive the letter or the phone-call informing you very soon. 

So, what have you got planned for the rest of the year - should the virus begin to disappear and lockdown is slowly and carefully lifted. Truthfully, we have nothing planned. Going abroad is out of the question, due to my husband's health issues. However, given the chance, I believe we would spend a week on Tyneside. Being Geordies, we do enjoy going there when we can. Just to walk along the Quayside and gaze down at the River Tyne is wonderful. Plus, I would love to get to Whitley Bay. My parents moved there for Low Fell, Gateshead, when I was eleven. But I left when I married and, though I visited my parents whenever I could, I was always surprised at how quickly the town was changing over the years. My mother worked at the Co-op opposite St Paul's Church and my sister, when she left school, worked at Woolworths - which has now long gone.  

Now, it's your turn. How has the lockdown treated you? What will you be doing once it's over? Please don't leave the comments box empty. Say something - even if it's a simple hello. 

A Mystery on Tyneside

Meanwhile, I'd like to give a quick mention regarding an offer on my novel. 

A Mystery on Tyneside the latest in the Agnes Lockwood Series, is available for 99c/99p for a few days.  

Cheers to you all. Stay safe. 



I'll get back there!




No comments:

Post a Comment